As we look ahead to the holiday season, we are mindful that there are those who are much less fortunate than we are. In keeping with that, Brookhaven Elementary School will once again be participating in the Holiday Food Drive. This is an excellent chance to make a difference in our community and we invite you to participate in this important event!
We will be collecting nonperishable items November 5th through December 6th.
Here are ways that you can help!
- Donate nonperishable, unopened foods such as, but not limited to:
- Tuna and Canned Meat
- Peanut Butter
- Beans, Rice, Pasta- No Ramen Noodles
- Soups & Stews
- Fruit Juice
- Canned Fruits and Vegetables
- Baby food
- Send in monetary donations- used to purchase perishable items as needed
- Help spread the word!
In the spirit of giving, we will be offering additional school-wide spirit days so that students can show off their support! We encourage students to bring in items for the food drive when participating in the spirit days. These spirit days include:
- Thursday, November 7th
- Wacky Day “Let’s get wacky and wipe out hunger!”
- Thursday, November 14th
- Wear BLUE for World Diabetes Day and show our students we care!
- Tuesday, November 19th
- Decade Day “Let’s wipe out hunger for decades to come!”
- Wednesday, November 20th
- Camouflage for Cans “We are hunting for food for the food drive.”
- Wednesday, December 4th
- Black and Sunglasses “Let’s black out hunger!”
- Friday, December 6th
- Holiday Helper/ Holiday Spirit “Brookhaven students are true helpers. We made a difference.” Today is the last day of the Food Drive!
Thank you in advance for your generosity. I’m sure that the people who receive our donations will be extremely grateful. Together we can make a difference.
Brookhaven Elementary Student Council